How To Remove iCloud Account From iOS Devices With/Without Password?
It is not easy to remember passwords all the time. In today’s world where almost all the important and sensitive data and dealings in our lives require the use of some form of password or passcode, it becomes difficult to remember all of them separately. This is generally true when using a variety of passwords/passcode on our smart devices.
Apple devices are some of the most used smart devices today. Each year with every iteration and introduction of a new lineup, the number of old and new iOS devices increase. Due to this, a lot of people want to remove iCloud from their old devices. Generally, people want to remove iClouds from their iphones. In some cases, it might be that the users do not remember their iCloud passwords but need to dispose of or give away their old phones. In this article, we list various ways in which you can remove your iCloud from your iphones, factory reset your iPhones, erase all data on iPhones with or without icloud password.
How to remove your iCloud account without a password?
This is the most common method employed when generally people tend to forget the passwords of their iCloud accounts or do not know the password of the iCloud account on their device which was previously owned by someone else. Users usually want to use a new iCloud account on their device or want to remove it entirely before selling it off or disposing of it. The steps below elaborate on how to how to remove the apple id from iphones or ipads without any password.
- Step 1 – Open the ‘Settings’ menu and scroll down to ‘iCloud’ option.
- Step 2 – Select the ‘iCloud’ option and when prompted enter any random combination of numbers.
- Step 3 –After that select the ‘Done’ option on the top right corner.
- Step 4 – iCloud will prompt that the password is incorrect. Tap on the ‘OK’ option and then select ‘Cancel.’ This will take you back to the previous menu.
- Step 6 – The main iCloud page will load again but without the password option. You will also notice that the ‘Find my iphone’ option has been toggled to disabled.
- Step 7 – You can now scroll down, select ‘Delete’ option and finally confirm it.
How to reset iPhone without an iCloud password?
There is another way of removing your icloud account without a password. In this method, it is performing a factory reset of your iPhone. Keep in mind that the passcode (not iCloud password) of the device is necessary. The following are the steps on how to factory reset an iPhone without an iCloud password.
- Step 1 – Open the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Step 2 – Scroll down and select the ‘General’ option and then select the ‘Reset’ option.
- Step 4 – You will now be prompted to enter the passcode of the device.
- Step 5 – Finally tap on ‘Erase iPhone.’ Your device should now restart and allow you to set it up as a new device.
- Note: This method permanently erases all data on your iphone unless the data has been backed up beforehand.
How to remove the iCloud account from an iPhone?
In most cases, users want to remove their old iCloud accounts and set up new ones. This does not remove any existing data but only involves iCloud removal. The steps mentioned below are on how to remove an iCloud account from an iPhone simply.
- Step 1 – Open the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Step 2 – Scroll down to ‘iCloud’ and select it.
- Step 3 – Search for the ‘Delete Account’ option at the bottom, tap on it and then again on ‘Delete’ when prompted.
- Step 4 – You may be prompted to either keep the account settings or delete them from your iPhone. Select either ‘Keep on my iPhone’ or ‘Delete from my iPhone’ accordingly to confirm.
How to remove apple id from an iPhone without password?
If you have access to a laptop/PC, then you can use iTunes to remove your apple id from your phone which does not require the use of your apple password. It is recommended to have the latest version of iTunes for this to work flawlessly. It is also advisable that if possible, to back up the contents of the iPhone as this method will result in the permanent loss of data which has not been secured.
Step 1 – Open iTunes on your laptop/PC.
Step 2 – Plug in your iPhone to your laptop/PC via USB cable and make sure it has sufficient charge.
Step 3 – Your device should be listed on the left-hand side of iTunes. Select your device and then tap on the ‘Summary’ option.
Step 4 –Select the ‘Restore iPhone’ option.
Step 5 – When prompted again, select the ‘Restore and Update’ option again to finally reset your iphone.
Step 1 –Open iTunes on your laptop/PC.
Step 2 – Connect your iPhone to your laptop/PC via USB cable.
Step 3 – Perform a force restart on your iphone by pressing and holding the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time. You should see the iTunes icon appear on your iPhone.
Step 4 – You have now entered recovery mode. You will see a pop up on iTunes to either Restore or Update. Select the ‘Restore’ option.
Once your phone restarts it will have been restored, and you can now enter your new apple id credentials.
The above-listed methods are a guide to help users remove the old or existing iCloud accounts on their iOS devices. But there are also third party software which can be used to remove or recover iCloud account locked devices when the passwords are not known or forgotten. Most of the software available are generally efficient in their work. Other straightforward ways involve simply to reset their iCloud or apple id passwords themselves by using Apple’s official website and in the login page selecting the ‘Forgot Apple ID or password’ option. At the end whichever way the users can choose whichever method they find easy and less cumbersome.