The Sims 4 Cheats for PC/XBOX/PS4 – Full Updated List
This is a collection of all the sims 4 cheats, and sims 4 console commands you can use in the sims 4 games. You will be able to get as much money as you want, become immortal (not die basically) and increase your career statistics among a whole lot of other things with them.
Along with the sims 4 cheat codes for the original game, we have also included codes and commands for expansions such as Get to Work, etc. And believe it or not, we also bring you the cheats for sims 4 officially from EA themselves!!
Read on below to find out all the sims 4 cheats, how you can use them and other related information.
Related Article : Sims 4 Challanges
Sims 4 Cheat Codes & Console Commands : Getting started
To be able to use any sims 4 cheat codes you will first need to activate them. You will need to open your cheat console. Here is how to do it.
- If you are on PC, then press the CTRL button and Shift button together and hold it. Now while doing so, press the C button.
- If you are on MAC, then press the Shift and command button together and hold it. Now, simultaneously press the C button.
- If you are tuned to PlayStation 4, then press and hold all the 4 shoulder buttons immediately.
- If you are live on Xbox One, then press and hold all the 4 shoulder buttons at once.
Now, if you have successfully followed the above steps for your respective platforms, then you will see the cheat console appear on your screens. It should appear like a slimdown box on your screen. This console is where you type one of the cheat codes sims 4 has to offer or accepts. Once you are done entering the cheat codes, you can follow the same steps for closing various cheat console as you did when you wanted to open it.
Testing cheats in sims 4
If you want and happen to come across any new sims 4 cheat codes, you can test them to see if they work or not. Some cheats actually ask you to enter this command before enabling them, as they will not work without this action.
In the same cheat console, which you opened earlier, type in
Once successfully done, the message ‘Cheats Enabled’ will appear on your cheat console.
Please make a note that ‘true’ can be replaced by other words such as ‘on’, ‘1’, ‘yes’, etc.
Also, keep in mind that you might have to use this command each time you enter a new area or possibly encounter a bug which disabled it without you knowing.
Here are some special sims 4 cheats which require the command above.
Shift clicking on PS4 and XBOX
We all know there is no shift button on console controllers. To enable this, you have to press X+O for PS4 or A+B for Xbox One.
Shift click the Mailbox
This gives you the ability to stop or prevent need decay for your current home or everyone in the neighbourhood (basically keep everyone happy). Disabling need decay will stop your needs from falling.
‘Make Happy’after enabling need decay will keep the needs at a maximum. This is possible on an individual sim level by Shift clicking your sims and selecting ‘Make Happy’.
Shift click and Modify in CAS
You can shift click your sim character and select Modify in CAS. This will let you access the Create-a-Sim section/tool where you can customize the way your Sim looks but not their gender or traits.
To be able to fully edit a Sim, in Create-a-Sim, type in ‘cas.fulleditmode’ in the cheat console. This will let you change everything about your sim character, even the gender and traits.
Shift click on NPC
This action allows you to add the non-playable characters to your household. You can also perform mailbox actions on them as well. You can also edit them in Create-a-sim mode!!
Shift click the ground
This allows you to teleport your sim anywhere on the ground.
Shift click on objects
This allows you to ‘Reset Object’ which resets any broken or out of place object; to ‘Make Dirty’ which makes the selected object dirty and ‘Make Clean’ which makes the selected object clean.
Build mode sims 4 cheats
After ‘testingcheats’ has been enabled, you can enter the following commands on the cheat console for build actions.
- Shift + ‘[‘ or ‘]’ – The opening (left) bracket enlarges an item/object while the closing (right) bracket shrinks it.
- ‘9’ and ‘0’ – This allows you to raise and lower objects.
- moveobjects on/off – Objects can merged together and then placed wherever you wish.
- showhiddenobjects – All items that must be found or dug up are no visible around you.
- ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement – All the build items you would have to earn are now fully unlocked.
Sims cheats for skills, aspiration and consumables
Here are some of the sims 4 money cheat codes you can use to increase your family’s funds.
- kaching – This adds 1000 Simoleans to your funds.
- Rosebud – This also adds 1000 Simoleans to your funds.
- Motherlode – This adds 50000 Simoleans to your funds.
- Money <amount> – This lets you set an exact amount which is available in your household funds.
Here are a couple of aspiration cheats you may want.
- complete_current_milestone – This gives you the satisfaction from completing a milestone and will let you move on to the next stage, one stage closer to the special trait you get for completing the aspiration.
- give_satisfaction_points – This will give a selected sim a certain amount of satisfaction depending on the number you enter.
Here is a consumable cheat you may want.
The potions in the game are bought with satisfaction. Cow plants which have killed sims are also milkable to give you a potion which increases a sim’s lifespan.
The ‘objects.consumables_infinite_toggle’ cheat makes these consumables infinite. It will also allow you to obtain a particular emotion, or make a sim immortal while still aging.
Sims 4 cheats for your career
These career cheats help you to advance further into the career your sim character is in now or to demote your progression if you want.
- careers. Promote [name of career] – Help your sim character progress further in a career.
- Demote [name of career] – Lets your sim character go back in career progression.
- remove_career [name of career] – Lets your sim abandon the current career.
Here are some possible career cheat codes you might want to try.
- Promote athlete
- careers. Promote doctor
- careers. Promote detective
- careers. Promote painter
- careers. promote activist
Some other miscellaneous cheats in sims 4
Here is a list of some of the cheats which you can also try out.
- Help – This will display to you a list of all the available commands
- death. Toggle [true|false] – Turns deaths in the game on or off.
- freeRealEstate [on|off] – Removes the pricing of all properties in the neighbourhood.
- resetSim [First name] [last name] – Resets the named sim.
- Headlineeffects [on|off] – This will hide all the headline effects (plumbobs, thought balloons, )
- autopay_bills – This will pay all the bills of your household automatically.
- dialog.auto_respond – This will let your sim back out of dialogue or choose one automatically.
- Sims .remove_all_buffs – This will reset your sim’s mood to neutral.
- Crafting .shorten_phases – This increases the crafting rate.
- Sims .fill_all_commodities – This will fill all the commodities for an individual sim.
- fill_commodities_household – This will fill all the commodities for the entire household.
- Sims .modify_funds [amount] – This will add a specific amount of funds.
- Sims .remove_all_buffs – All the moodlets are removed.
- ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement – This will unlock all the career rewards in BUY mode.
Let us know if any of these cheats worked for you and shared your experience with us down in the comment section below.