All websites collect information about their visitors in different ways. In many countries (including the United States), websites are required by law to disclose the information they collect about their visitors and how this information is used.
Here are some of the ways in which a typical WordPress site collects user information.
- Name and email address in comment forms
- Comment form cookie which remembers a user’s name or email address.
- Name and email addresses submitted by user by using a contact form
- Name and email address submitted to sign up for email list
- Information collected when users register on a website.
- Google Analytics tracking
- Facebook page plugin and like button cookies
- Other social media platform widgets that track users
- Advertising programs like Google Adsense which track users
- Information you collect about users visiting your website.
- Methods used to collect information, e.g. cookies and web beacons, sign up, registration, comment forms, etc.
- Mention all third-party advertisers collecting user information on your website like Google Adsense.
- How users can block cookies and opt-out of third party advertisements
- Your contact information so that users can reach out if they have questions
Don’t forget to add your own contact information and business name before hitting the publish button.
There are multiple ways to do this. You can simply add the link to your theme’s footer.php file. If this is your first time editing a WordPress theme file, then take a look at our guide on how to copy paste code in WordPress.
First, you will need to visit Appearance » Menus page and create a new custom menu. See our beginner’s guide on how to add navigation menu in WordPress for detailed instructions.
Don’t forget to click on the save menu button to save your new menu.
After creating your menu head over to Appearance » Widgets page. You will notice ‘Navigation Menu’ widget under the list of available widgets.
Add this widget to your footer widget area. See our guide on how to add and use widgets in WordPress.
You will need to select the custom menu you created earlier in the widget settings and then click on the save button.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.