How To Setup & Install Windows 10,8,7 From USB Drive – 5 Steps
If you are planning to install or reinstall Windows 10/8/7 from USB this guide will be helpful to you. So let’s delve deeper and install windows 10/8/7.
Also Read :
- How To SetUp A VPN In Windows 7/8/10 PC
- How to Fix No Sound Issues in Windows 10 PCs?
- How To Take A Screenshot On Windows 7/8/10
Step 1: Download Windows 10/8/7
In this step, you will learn to download Windows 10,8,7 ISO file to your PC, USB drive or DVD. For doing so follow the following steps-
- Go to the website https://goo.gl/YWrmsq and download the media creation tool.
- Once you have done that open the file and then you will see a dialogue box named Windows 10/8/7 Setup opens. Click next and accept the application and again click next.
- After this, you will see the window saying “What do you want to do ?” with two options-
- Upgrade this PC now
- Create installation media for another PC.
Click on option b and click next.
- Now it will show you some option to select your language, your system architecture and system edition. Below this will be a statement with check box no its left saying “Use the recommended options for the PC. Uncheck the box and edit the information as you prefer because if you are planning to install Windows on another PC, the already available suggestions may not be helpful to you.
- Choose the language, the edition is windows 10/8/7 and finally choose the system architecture. If you are not sure of your system architecture, you can always check that by right clicking on My Computer on the particular computer. Choose properties from the drop-down menu and in the window that opens, under system type in system section; you will find your system architecture.
- Click next. You will see the window asking “Choose which media to use.” Select the ISO The reason to choose the ISO file over the USB flash drive is its versatility. It allows creating pretty much any installation media like DVD, USB DVD or you can even save the ISO file in the PC for later installation.
- Hit next, choose the download location and click save.
You are done. It will download the Windows 10/8/7 ISO file, but the process may take some time.
Step 2: Create installation media
In this step, we will create a bootable USB drive or Window 10/8/7 install disk having Windows 10/8/7 setup. For this, you need a blank pen drive of capacity 8GB and software called Rufus. You can download Rufus from the link – https://goo.gl/Nz7Pjp .To create the same follow the following steps –
- Now connect your flash drive, and in most case, Rufus will automatically detect your flash drive, and if it is not, you can go here do it manually.
- A window will appear on your screen. Do not mess up with any of these settings.
- Now go and click on the image selection icon in the same window and select the Windows ISO file that we have just downloaded.
- Now click open and then click start. The process may take some time.
Step 3: Choose the boot Bios device
Now, let us install the OS in as many PC as you want. So plug the pen drive into the computer in which you want to install the Windows 10/8/7. Restart or turn off the computer.
- Your system restarts again when you see your motherboard logo or the brand logo. Hit the Bios key on your keyboard as soon as this happens. For some PCs the Bios key would be F12, for some, it would be F2, and for some, it may even be Delete.
- As you will hit the bios key, you will boot into the bios menu. In Bios you can’t use your mouse; instead, you have to use your keyboard. To navigate through Bios. You have to use the up, down, right, left arrow key to navigate through options. For choosing an option, you have to use enter To go back use backspace. To quit from Bios use Esc. To save and exceed you can use the F10 key.
- So first you need to find the boot menu, and then you need to find the boot device property or legacy
- Now make your first boot device as your USB storage device from the boot device property and once you have done that save and exceed bios by pressing F10.
- Now it will show you the message to press a key from the keyboard to boot So, press some random key from the keyboard. It will boot the Windows Installation Setup.
Step 4: Windows 10/8/7 Install and format
You will now boot into Windows 10/8/7 Installation Setup. Before going further as make sure that you have 90% battery left on the device as any power failure while installation will make the device malfunction.
- On the Windows setup screen, we have the first option to choose the language, and then choose your time and currency and finally the input method.
- Now click install now, and it will start installing the installation setup.
- Now it will ask you to enter the product key If you have one, you can use it here, or you can do it later in case if you don’ t have it now.
- Now, it will show you the Microsoft terms and conditions to use their software. So, scroll down and check I accept.
- Now click next and choose Custom Install Windows only option and it will bring you to the disk portion.
- Now, we will spill an already created partition and please beware that doing this on a Windows setup will clear any data in the particular So, if you have anything there, I suggest you back it up before doing it
- Select the partition that you want to split. Come down to the tools and click on It will delete that particular partition and tell you to allocate it space. So you have to click on the unallocated space which is the same and click on new from here. Now edit the size for your new partition which we prefer to do of 195 GB. Remember the size is in MB there. (195 GB is around 2000 MB).
- Click apply, and it will create the partition.
- Now we are going to delete a partition including the system reserved one to recreate it because Windows 10/8/7 System Reserve partition requires around 500 MB. As well as the old one may keep you bugging when you are booting. Delete the system reserved partition with some other main partition and create a new partition with unallocated space which will automatically create the new system reserved partition.
- Choose the partition where you wish to install Windows 10/8/7. Select it. Hit next, and the process of installing Windows 10/8/7 will begin. It will be in your C drive or Local disk C Your system will get restarted several times while this process happens. It may take a while.
Step 5: Setting up windows 10/8/7
- It will ask you to enter your product key for the particular edition. If you have one enter it or you can enter it later by buying one online. You can activate it once we set up everything.
- Now you will reach a window, saying “Get going fast” which will ask you to set your You can click on custom settings to maintain your settings, or you can press use
Express settings to use already build settings.
- After this, you will land on the page saying “Create an account for this PC” where you will be asked to set the PC holder’s name. You can even enter the password and click next.
That is it. Now after a few minutes of the loading screen and some welcome messages your Windows 10/8/7 will start working!