How to Change The Wi-Fi Password Of The Comcast Xfinity Router
There are many reasons for you to want to change your wi-fi password. But the question is, how would you do it? How would you change the Xfinity router password without even contacting the Comcast? There are many simple ways by which you can do so. All you need to know is how to do it. This article is here to tell you about the similar solution for changing the Xfinity wi-fi password. So read further and you would know what to do, when you want to change your password, without contacting the Comcast login.
There are a number of ways by which you can do it. 3 of the ways are mentioned below. These ways are simple and don’t require much of your knowledge for any of the networking science. So here are the ways:
Methods To Change Xfinity Password Without Logging In To Comcast
With the help of the application
This is the simplest way of getting the job done. What you have to do is just download the Xfinity my account application. The application lets you do the Comcast Xfinity login. Login with your credentials. When you login in the application, you would see the options stated there to change the password and there you go. You would be able to change the password on the single go.
By visiting the Website
You can also change your password by visiting the Xfinity website. You would have to do the Comcast login with your credentials and you are all set to go. You can change the password there with no problems. All you would have to do is to just change the existing password that exists on the website.
You can also change your password by visiting 10.0.0.1 pannel of your browser. This is an efficient way to do the things in a better way. All you would have to do is just type this in your browser and you would be directed to the login page of the router. All you would have to do is just simply do the Comcast router login and then edit your wi-fi password.
This option is appropriate because it just not let you change the wi-fi password but would also let you change the SSID and other things. If you are using the router for the first time, then too you would require this option as it lets you to change the default password of your wi-fi. If you don’t create a password, your wi-fi is open to everyone.
While these are just the basic ways of doing things. If you still come across any problems. Check out below and understand the rest of the story regarding your Xfinity router login.
You should contact directly with the company when you come across such problems but that is not the correct way to handle things up. You should learn yourself as you would need to change the password of the wi-fi a lot of times in future. Here is another way of doing so at an ease.
- At first, you need to rush to your web browser and write the IP address as 192.168.1.1. You need to know that no matter whatever the case is, the ID would be the admin and the password would be the password which is set as default. There might also be the case that your router may have the password field as blank.
- When you are done with this, you need to go to the gateway, then click on the Connection and then select the Wi-fi as an option. Now you need to edit the network. For that click on the Edit button.
- Now you have the authority to change the name of the network and the password of it. Choose whatever you want to choose and simply click on the Save settings button.
- Recommended by many, you should also change the actual password. This is for that double layered security. To do this, go to the troubleshooting option then simply go to the Change password tab. On the change password tab, you would find that it would ask you to enter the current password, new password and would ask you to retype the new password. Do all this and then simply click on the save button.
How to change the password using the Xfinity login application:-
Below is the process of how can you change the password with the help of the Xfinity application.
- At first, you need to log in into the Xfinity my account application; this is what you can do with your ID and password. When you are logged in the application, click on the Internet present on the bottom side of the page. This would open up the internet menu.
- Now click on the Change wi-fi settings to change the wi-fi settings.
- Click on the password and the name of the current network and then enter the new credentials. Once this is done, click on the save button.
- You will get the message confirmation stating that “Your gateway is being updated.” Update this information on all the devices that are connected to the wi-fi because your wi-fi password has been changed.
- If there would be an error while doing this, you would get a message that “We are sorry, we couldn’t complete your request.” This happens due to the errors in the system. You can select try again and go for the same procedure again.